PanAway Oil is one of the oils I use before and after training. It is a blend of wintergreen, helichrysum, clover and peppermint. Each of these oils have healing properties. I find using this with peppermint right on the area I am about to use (ie quads if we are doing legs) works really well. Because CrossFit is pretty hard on my body, I find there is always some sore point needing extra attention, so PanAway certainly helps alleviate the aches and pains.
Here is some more information from the Essential Oils Pocket Reference book.
This very popular blend reduces pain and inflammation, increases circulation, and accelerates healing. It relieves swelling and discomfort from arthritis, sprains, muscle spasms, cramps, bumps and bruises.
· Dilute 1 part essential oil to 1 part vegetable oil complex
· Diffuse, humidify, directly inhale, or add 2-4 drops to bath water
· Apply 1-2 drops on location or on temples, back of neck or forehead
· Use as a compress for Raindrop technique style massage along spine
· Relieves deep tissue pain. Additional Helichrysum may be added to enhance the effect of PanAway
· When the pain is bone related, more Wintergreen may be a good addition.
· All of the oils may be diluted with Ortho Ease or Ortho Sport massage oils
Caution: possible skin sensitivity.
I am now a convert to taking baths. I realise how awesome Epsom salts are especially for sore muscles, so this bath salt blend is perfect. A great gift idea for any fit friends too