I’m a summer girl. I love summer – the heat, sun, beach … all the stuff that goes with summer. So when winter rolls around I have to make sure I am ready to get through it. Not that our winters are even that bad – that is why I live here in sunny Queensland because our whether is beautiful. It can still effect my motivation to eat well and train. I am a firm believer about gratitude – and being mindful of what good things are happening. So here is a little “Gratitude for Winter”
- Can wear different workout gear
- Not so hot, don’t sweat so much
- can eat comfort food (mindfully though)
- slowcooker saves the day – love the slow cooker
- can run at any time of the day (summer here is too hot to run mid-day)
- exercising keeps you warm throughout the day or at night (once you have your workout done, your body heats up and keeps you warm)
- nice sleeping weather
- because I’m a super busy, active person the winter months naturally make me want to slow down and relax
- winter pjs
- different veges and fruit in season to use
- hot breakfasts
so this is the start … add your own to the list.
Obviously the benefits to training and eating well through winter is it is much easier to have a routine you stick to no matter what the whether is doing. Then your health stays on track and you feel great all year round.
If you need a little extra motivation to stay on track this winter – or you have a goal you are working for then a Fitness Jewellery or Accessory piece might help you stay on track. Get 10% off your first order – check out some inspo here