I remember when I was a girl and my mum would have an afternoon nap and ask us not to bother her – of course a few times I would have tried, and I was surprised by her response. Of course now I am in the same situation, I completely get it.
Being a busy mum of 3 girls, and a wife … business owner, training in the day – sometimes, some peace and quite is all you long for. When the girls were smaller, I always found training was my time out, it is a little different now as I am usually training with other people – so even though it is my own time, I am usually engaging with others. I explain to the girls now they are older, if i need a little time out – and it usually works ok. I have started doing Romwod each night, and this is my little time out each day … I am learning to release and breathe and it is part of my daynow which I look forward to.
Thought I would share this great recipe for a Facial Scrub which came from Kula Mama
Better Than Botox Facial Scrub
1 tablespoon baking soda
½ tablespoon raw Manuka honey (Manuka honey has wonderful anti-inflammatory properties for the skin)
1 drop of therapeutic grade young living lavender essential oil contact me here about buying this
1 drop of therapeutic grade young living geranium essential oil
- Combine the baking soda and honey together until it looks like a paste. Add one drop each of lavender, geranium and frankincense essential oils.
- Place a warm washcloth over your face and hold on skin for a minute or so to open up your pores.
- Gently rub face with facial scrub using small circular motions (be gentle with your skin!). Keep massaging skin with scrub for 3-5 minutes to fully remove dead skin from face and to let the essential oils work their magic.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Your face may be red for a bit but this will wear off.
- Use this scrub no more than 1-2 times a week.
- This scrub is alkaline to the skin, so to even out your pH it is a good idea to splash your face with rosewater afterwards. This will naturally balance your skin.